60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form G-1135, Joblock Application Form. OMB Control No. 1615-NEW.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until June 15, 2009.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail, please add the Form G-1135 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: New information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Joblock application form.
(3) Agency Form Number, if any, and the Applicable Component of the Department of Homeland Security Sponsoring the Collection: Form G-1135. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected Public Who Will Be Asked or Required to Respond, as well as a Brief Abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. The information collected on this form will be used to determine Start Printed Page 17503whether the applicant was a victim of identity theft and thereby eligible for the benefit of locking his or her personal information in the E-Verify Program.
(5) An Estimate of the Total Number of Respondents and the Amount of Time Estimated for an Average Respondent to Respond: 40,000 responses at one hour per response.
(6) An Estimate of the Total Public Burden (in Hours) Associated with the Collection: 40,000 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit: http://www.regulations.gov/search/index.jsp.
We may be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210, telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: April 9, 2009.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Products Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. E9-8663 Filed 4-14-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P