U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on February 11, 2009.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: Request to Non-Agreement States for Information.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0200.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required: 8 times per year.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: The 16 Non-Agreement States (14 States and 2 territories that have not signed 274(b) Agreements with NRC.)
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 128.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 16.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1056.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 62 sets out the information which must be provided to the NRC by any low-level waste generator seeking emergency access to an operating low-level waste disposal facility. The information is required to allow NRC to determine if denial of disposal constitutes a serious and immediate threat to public health and safety or common defense and security. 10 CFR part 62 also provides that the Commission may grant an exemption from the requirements in this Part upon application of an interested person or upon its own initiative.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by June 3, 2009. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
NRC Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0200), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Gregory Trussell, (301) 415-6445.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 23rd day of April 2009.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E9-10140 Filed 5-1-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P