60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker; OMB Control Number 1615-0015.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until July 6, 2009.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail, please Start Printed Page 20723add the OMB Control Number 1615-0015 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Immigrant Petition for Alien Workers.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-140, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for Profit. The information furnished on Form I-140 will be used by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to classify aliens under section 203(b)(1), 203(b)(2) or 203(b)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (Act).
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 96,000 responses at one hour per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 96,000 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit: http://www.regulations.gov/search/index.jsp.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210, telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: April 30, 2009.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Products Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E9-10328 Filed 5-4-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P