60-day notice of information collection under review: Form I-865, Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address; OMB Control Number 1615-0076.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until August 3, 2009.
During this 60 day period, USCIS will be evaluating whether to revise the Form I-865. Should USCIS decide to revise Form I-865 we will advise the public when we publish the 30-day notice in the Federal Register in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act. The public will then have 30 days to comment on any revisions to the Form I-865.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0076 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-865. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This form will be used by every sponsor who has filed an Affidavit of Support under section 213A of the Immigration and Nationality Act to notify the USCIS of a change of address. The data will be used to locate a sponsor if there is a request for reimbursement.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 100,000 responses at 15 minutes (.25) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 25,000 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210, Telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: May 29, 2009.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Products Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. E9-12950 Filed 6-3-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P