30-day notice of information collection under review: H-2 Petitioner's Employment Related or Fee Related Notification; OMB Control No. 1615-0107.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 15, 2009, at 74 FR 17503, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 27, 2009. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC 20529-2210. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at email@example.com, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-5806 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting comments by e-mail, please make sure to add OMB Control No. 1615-0107 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Start Printed Page 30312agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: H-2 Petitioner's Employment Related or Fee Related Notification.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No form number. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals and households. The notification requirement is necessary to ensure that alien workers maintain their nonimmigrant status and will help prevent H-2 workers from engaging in unauthorized employment.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 1,700 respondents at 30 minutes (.50) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 850 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210, telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: June 22, 2009.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Products Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. E9-15007 Filed 6-24-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P