The Materials Technical Advisory Committee will meet on August 13, 2009, 10 a.m., Herbert C. Hoover Building, Room 3884, 14th Street between Constitution & Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration with respect to technical questions that affect the level of export controls applicable to materials and related technology.
1. Opening Remarks and Introduction.
2. Presentation on recently mandated changes to the interagency Commodity Jurisdiction review process.
3. Report on recent changes to the Commerce Control List based on Australia Group Regime list changes.
4. Report of Composite Working group and ECCN review subgroup.
5. New business.
6. Public comments from teleconference and physical attendees.
7. Closed session to follow.
8. Discussion of matters determined to be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3).
The open session will be accessible via teleconference to 20 participants on a first come, first serve basis. To join the conference, submit inquiries to Ms. Yvette Springer at Yspringer@bis.doc.gov no later than August 6, 2009.
A limited number of seats will be available during the public session of the meeting. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. Written statements may be submitted at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials to Committee members, the materials should be forwarded prior to the meeting to Ms. Springer via e-mail.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on October 1, 2008, pursuant to Section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, that the portion of the meeting dealing with matters the premature disclosure of which would likely frustrate the implementation of a proposed agency action as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(9)(B) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3). The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public.
For more information, call Yvette Springer at (202) 482-2813.Start Signature
Dated: July 31, 2009.
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. E9-18846 Filed 8-5-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-P