30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form I-508 and I-508F, Waiver of Rights, Privileges, Exemptions and Immunities; OMB Control No. 1615-0025.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on June 2, 2009, at 74 FR 26411, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments for this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until October 1, 2009. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC 20529-2210. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at email@example.com, and OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-5806 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0025 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or Start Printed Page 45229other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Waiver of Rights, Privileges, Exemptions and Immunities.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-508 and Form I-508F. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This form is used by USCIS to determine eligibility of an applicant to retain the status of an alien lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: Form I-508, 1,800 responses at 5 minutes (.083) per response, and Form 508F, 200 responses at 5 minutes (.083) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 166 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210; Telephone 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: August 26, 2009.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Products Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E9-20985 Filed 8-31-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P