Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment in the Federal Register preceding submission to OMB. We are conducting this process in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Emergency Loan Application and Evacuation Documentation.
- OMB Control Number: OMB Control Number 1405-0150.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS).
- Form Number: DS 3072.
- Respondents: U.S. Citizens applying for emergency loan assistance or evacuation processing.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 1,176.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 1,176.
- Average Hours Per Response: 10 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden: 196 hours.
- Frequency: On Occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to 60 days from September 1, 2009.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: ASKPRI@state.gov.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): U.S. Department of State, CA/OCS/PRI, SA-29, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20520.
- Fax: 202-736-9111.
- Hand Delivery or Courier: U.S. Department of State, CA/OCS/PRI, 2100 Pennsylvania Avenue, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20037.
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Derek A. Rivers, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS/PRI), U.S. Department of State, SA-29, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20520, who may be reached on (202) 736-9082 or ASKPRI@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
The purpose of the DS-3072 is to process emergency loans for destitute citizens and to document the safe and efficient evacuation of private United States citizens, dependents and third country nationals from abroad. The information will be used to process the emergency loan, facilitate reception and resettlement assistance in the U.S. and for debt collection. Respondents are private U.S. citizens and their dependents abroad who are destitute and in need of repatriation to the U.S.; private U.S. citizens and their dependents abroad who are in need of emergency medical and dietary assistance who are unable to obtain such services otherwise; and private U.S. citizens abroad and their dependents and third country nationals who are in need of evacuation when their lives are endangered by war, civil unrest, or natural disaster.
The Bureau of Consular Affairs will be posting this form on Department of Start Printed Page 45270State websites to give respondents the opportunity to fill the form out online or print out the form and fill it out manually and submit the form in person or by fax or mail.Start Signature
Dated: July 10, 2009.
Mary Ellen Hickey,
Managing Director, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. E9-21088 Filed 8-31-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P