60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with Start Printed Page 46618the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until November 9, 2009. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Mark W. Caverly, Chief, Liaison and Policy Section, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, 8701 Morrissette Drive, Springfield, VA 22152, Telephone (202) 307-7297.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of Information Collection 1117-0033
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Report of Mail Order Transaction.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection:
Form Number: none; Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other: Not-for-Profit Institutions; State, Local or Tribal Government.
Abstract: The Comprehensive Methamphetamine Control Act of 1996 (Pub. L. 104-237) (MCA) amended the Controlled Substances Act to require that each regulated person who engages in a transaction with a non-regulated person which involves ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or phenylpropanolamine (including drug products containing these chemicals) and uses or attempts to use the Postal Service or any private or commercial carrier shall, on a monthly basis, submit a report of each such transaction conducted during the previous month to the Attorney General.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that there are 16 total respondents for this information collection; 11 for paper form at 1 hour for each response; and five (5) via electronic mail at 15 minutes per form. The total annual burden is 147 hours (132 hours for paper forms and 15 hours for electronic forms).
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: It is estimated that there are 147 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: September 3, 2009.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E9-21778 Filed 9-9-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P