60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; File No. OMB-6, Emergency Federal Law Enforcement Assistance; OMB Control No. 1653-0019.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until December 14, 2009.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Joseph M. Gerhart, Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 500 12th Street, SW., Room 3138, Washington, DC 20024; (202) 732-6337.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until December 14, 2009. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and clarity of the information to be collected;
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Emergency Federal Law Enforcement Assistance.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No Agency Form Number; (File No. OMB-6) U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State, Local or Tribal Government. Section 404(b) of the Immigration and Naturalization Act provides for the reimbursement to States and localities for assistance provided in meeting an immigration emergency.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 10 responses at 30 minutes (.50 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 300 annual burden hours.
Requests for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with Start Printed Page 52499instructions; or inquiries for additional information should be requested via e-mail to: email@example.com with “IEF-Emergency Assistance” in the subject line.Start Signature
Dated: October 7, 2009.
Joseph M. Gerhart,
Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E9-24563 Filed 10-9-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P