Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. section 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments concerning its proposed renewal of the AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) Project Sponsor Application. This application is used by current and prospective project sponsors to apply for NCCC team resources. The NCCC is a full-time, residential, national service program whose mission is to strengthen communities and develop leaders through team-based national and community service.
Copies of the information collection requests can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the addresses section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by December 15, 2009.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, National Civilian Community Corps; Attention Kelly DeGraff, Special Initiatives, Events and Partnerships Coordinator, Room 10308D; 1201 New York Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom at Room 8102 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 565-2787, Kelly DeGraff, Special Initiatives, Events and Partnerships Coordinator.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system: email@example.com.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Kelly DeGraff, (202) 606-6817, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
The AmeriCorps NCCC Project Sponsor Application is completed by organizations interested in managing and sponsoring an AmeriCorps NCCC team. Each year, AmeriCorps NCCC engages teams of members in projects in communities across the United States. Service projects, which typically last from six to eight weeks, address critical needs in natural and other disasters, infrastructure improvement, environmental stewardship and conservation, energy conservation, and urban rural development. Members construct and rehabilitate low-income housing, respond to natural disasters, clean up streams, help communities develop emergency plans, and address countless other local needs.
The Corporation seeks to renew and revise the current application.
The application will be used in the same manner as the existing application. The Corporation also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on March 31, 2010.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps.
OMB Number: 3045-0010.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Current/prospective AmeriCorps NCCC Project Sponsors.
Total Respondents: 1200 annually.
Frequency: Rolling application process.
Average Time per Response: Averages 7.5 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 9,000 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): $182,250.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
October 7, 2009.
Acting Director, AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps.
[FR Doc. E9-24865 Filed 10-15-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P