Skip to Content


California Recreation Resource Advisory Committee

Document Details

Information about this document as published in the Federal Register.

Document Statistics
Document page views are updated periodically throughout the day and are cumulative counts for this document including its time on Public Inspection. Counts are subject to sampling, reprocessing and revision (up or down) throughout the day.
Published Document

This document has been published in the Federal Register. Use the PDF linked in the document sidebar for the official electronic format.

Start Preamble Start Printed Page 56173


Pacific Southwest Region, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.


Request for applications.


Applications are being sought for certain positions on the California Recreation Resource Advisory Committee. New members will be appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture and serve three year terms. Appointments will begin July 2010 when current member appointments expire. One member is being sought to represent each of the following interests: (1) Winter Non-Motorized Recreation, (2) Summer Motorized Recreation, (3) Summer Non-Motorized Recreation, (4) Non-Motorized Outfitters and Guides, (5) Local Environmental Groups, (6) State Tourism, (7) Indian Tribes, and (8) Local Government.

The public is invited to submit applications for these positions. Current members who have only served one term may reapply. Application packages can be obtained at​passespermits/​rrac-application.shtml or by e-mailing Interested parties may also contact Frances Enkoji, US Forest Service, at 707-562-8846.


All applications must be received by December 11, 2009. This timeframe can be extended if officials do not receive applications for the needed positions.


Interested parties may submit applications by mail to Frances Enkoji, US Forest Service, 1323 Club Drive, Vallejo, CA 94592.

Start Further Info


Anyone wanting further information regarding the California Recreation Resource Advisory Committee may contact Marlene Finley, Designated Federal Official, Pacific Southwest Region Recreation RAC, 1323 Club Drive, Vallejo, CA 94592; 707-562-8856.

End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information


The Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act (REA), signed December 2004, requires that the Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management provide Recreation RACs with an opportunity to make recommendations to the two agencies on implementing or eliminating standard amenity fees; expanded amenity fees; and noncommercial special recreation permit fees; expanding or limiting the recreation fee program; and fee level changes. Each Recreation RAC consists of 11 members appointed by the Secretary.

Nomination Information: Applicants must complete an AD-755 form (Advisory Committee or Search and Promotion Background Information) and provide a narrative that addresses the following:

(1) What group or perspective they represent and how they are qualified to represent that group;

(2) Why they want to serve on the committee and what they can contribute;

(3) Their past experience in working successfully as part of a collaborative group.

Letters of recommendation are welcome but not required. Applicants do not need to live in a state within a particular Recreation RAC's area of jurisdiction nor live in a state in which Forest Service managed lands are located. Application packages, including evaluation criteria and AD-755 are available at​passespermits/​rracapplication.shtml or by contacting the Pacific Southwest Region as identified in this notice. Completed application packages must be received by December 11, 2009. Additional information about the California Recreation RAC can be found at​r5/​passes/​rrac or about recreation fees at​passespermits/​about-rec-fees.shtml. The Forest Service will also work the Governor and local officials to identify potential applicants. The Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management will review applications and prepare a list of qualified applicants from which the Secretary shall appoint both members and alternates. The alternate will become a participating member of the Recreation RAC only if the member for whom the alternate is appointed to replace leaves the committee permanently. Recreation RAC members serve without pay but are reimbursed for travel and per diem expenses for regularly scheduled meetings. All Recreation RAC meetings are open the public and an open public forum is part of each meeting. Meeting dates and time will be determined by agency officials in consultation with the Recreation RAC members.

Start Signature

Dated: October 21, 2009.

Marlene Finley,

Designated Federal Official, Recreation RAC, Pacific Southwest Region.

End Signature End Supplemental Information

[FR Doc. E9-26086 Filed 10-29-09; 8:45 am]