30-Day Notice of Information Collection under Review; File No. OMB-6, Emergency Federal Law Enforcement Assistance; OMB Control No. 1653-0019.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), will be submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on October 13, 2009, Vol. 74 No. 196 52498, allowing for a 60 day comment period. USICE received no comments on this Information Collection from the public during this 60 day period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for thirty days until February 3, 2010.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies regarding items contained in this notice and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. Comments should be addressed to OMB Desk Officer, for United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security, and sent via electronic mail to email@example.com or faxed to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Emergency Federal Law Enforcement Assistance.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: (File No. OMB-6) U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State, Local or Tribal Government. Section 404(b) of the Immigration and Naturalization Act provides for the reimbursement to States and localities for assistance provided in meeting an immigration emergency.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 10 responses at 30 minutes (.50 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 300 annual burden hours.
Requests for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with instructions; or inquiries for additional information should be requested via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “IEF—Emergency Assistance” in the subject line.Start Signature
Dated: December 22, 2009.
Joseph M. Gerhart,
Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E9-31104 Filed 12-31-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P