U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on October 14, 2009 (74 FR 52820).
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: “10 CFR Part 71, Packaging and Transportation of Radioactive Material”.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0008.
4. The form number if applicable: NA.
5. How often the collection is required: On occasion. Applications for package certification may be made at any time. Required reports are collected and evaluated on a continuing basis as events occur.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: All NRC specific licensees who place byproduct, source, or special nuclear material into transportation, and all persons who wish to apply for NRC approval of package designs for use in such transportation.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 912 (661 responses + 1 third party reporting + 250 recordkeepers).
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 250.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 59,782 (54,208 reporting + 5,574 recordkeeping).
10. Abstract: NRC regulations in 10 CFR part 71 establish requirements for packaging, preparation for shipment, and transportation of licensed material, and prescribe procedures, standards, and requirements for approval by NRC of packaging and shipping procedures for fissile material and for quantities of licensed material in excess of Type A quantities.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by February 4, 2010. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Christine J. Kymn, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0008), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Christine.J.Kymn@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4638.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, (301) 415-6258.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 30th day of December 2009.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E9-31383 Filed 1-4-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P