Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled the President's Volunteer Service Awards, parts A, B, C, D and E to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, David Premo at (202) 606-6717. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 606-3472 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on October 14, 2009. This comment period ended December 13, 2009. No public comments were received from this Notice.
Description: The Corporation is seeking approval of the renewal of the President's Volunteer Service Awards application. The President's Volunteer Service Awards were created by Executive Order on January 30, 2003. The awards are administered by the Corporation for National and Community Service. Under the Executive Order, the Corporation was directed to (among other things) design and recommend programs to recognize individuals, schools, and organizations that excel in their efforts to support volunteer service and civic participation, especially with respect to students in primary schools, secondary schools, and institutions of higher learning. The President's Volunteer Service Awards meet this requirement. In order to recognize individuals, schools and organizations, the program must collect information about the individuals and organizations and their activities to verify that they have earned the award.
The information collected will be used by the Program primarily to identify recipients of the President's Volunteer Service Awards and the Call to Service Awards (4000 hours or more.) Individuals or organizations can be nominated by an organization or third party. The nominations will be reviewed by the administering agency for compliance and awards will be made on that basis. Information also will be used to assure the integrity of the Program (so that, for example, an individual or organization does not receive an award twice for the same project), for reporting on the Start Printed Page 2858accomplishments of the Program, for the public awareness campaign (such as press releases and Web site information on winning projects), and to further the purposes of the Executive Order (such as fostering partnerships and coordination of projects and to promote civic engagement).
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: President's Volunteer Service Awards, parts A, B, C, D and E
OMB Number: 3045-0086.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: All citizens of the United States.
Total Respondents: 200,000.
Frequency: On occasion.
Average Time per Response: 20 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 66,666 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: January 11, 2010.
Acting Director of Corporate Relations.
[FR Doc. 2010-788 Filed 1-15-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P