Office of Foreign Assets Control, Treasury.
The Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) is publishing the names of four individuals and one entity whose property and interests in property have been unblocked pursuant to Executive Order 12978 of October 21, 1995, Blocking Assets and Prohibiting Transactions with Significant Narcotics Traffickers.
The unblocking and removal from the list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (“SDN List”) of the four individuals and one entity identified in this notice whose property and interests in property were blocked pursuant to Executive Order 12978 of October 21, 1995, is effective on January 8, 2010.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Assistant Director, Compliance Outreach & Implementation, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Department of the Treasury, Washington, DC 20220, tel.: 202/622-2490.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Electronic and Facsimile Availability
This document and additional information concerning OFAC are available from OFAC's Web site (http://www.treas.gov/ofac) or via facsimile through a 24-hour fax-on demand service, tel.: (202) 622-0077.Start Printed Page 3787
On October 21, 1995, the President, invoking the authority, inter alia, of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706) (“IEEPA”), issued Executive Order 12978 (60 FR 54579, October 24, 1995) (the “Order”). In the Order, the President declared a national emergency to deal with the threat posed by significant foreign narcotics traffickers centered in Colombia and the harm that they cause in the United States and abroad.
Section 1 of the Order blocks, with certain exceptions, all property and interests in property that are in the United States, or that hereafter come within the United States or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons, of: (1) The persons listed in an Annex to the Order; (2) any foreign person determined by the Secretary of Treasury, in consultation with the Attorney General and Secretary of State: (a) To play a significant role in international narcotics trafficking centered in Colombia; or (b) to materially assist in, or provide financial or technological support for or goods or services in support of, the narcotics trafficking activities of persons designated in or pursuant to the Order; and (3) persons determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Attorney General and the Secretary of State, to be owned or controlled by, or to act for or on behalf of, persons designated pursuant to the Order.
On January 8, 2010, OFAC removed from the SDN List the four individuals and one entity listed below, whose property and interests in property were blocked pursuant to the Order:
1. MIRA VALENCIA, Adriana Patricia, Carrera 4 No. 11-45 Ofc. 503, Cali, Colombia; Avenida Piedra Grande, Casa 45, Cali, Colombia; c/o CONSTRUCCIONES PROGRESO DEL PUERTO S.A., Puerto Tejada, Colombia; c/o UNIDAS S.A., Cali, Colombia; c/o MIRA E.U., Cali, Colombia; DOB 07 May 1970; POB Cali, Valle, Colombia; Cedula No. 66810589 (Colombia); Passport 66810589 (Colombia) (individual) [SDNT].
2. OLIVELLA CELEDON, Jaime Antonio, Carrera 5 No. 86-36 Apt. 402, Bogota, Colombia; c/o INTERCONTINENTAL DE AVIACION S.A., Bogota, Colombia; DOB 23 May 1944; POB Augustin Codazzi, Cesar, Colombia; Cedula No. 17100787 (Colombia); Passport AG619501 (Colombia); alt. Passport AC557754 (Colombia); alt. Passport AE542565 (Colombia) (individual) [SDNT].
3. MAZUERO ERAZO, Hugo, c/o SOCIEDAD CONSTRUCTORA LA CASCADA S.A., Cali, Colombia; c/o INVERSIONES SANTA LTDA., Cali, Colombia; c/o GRUPO SANTA LTDA., Cali, Colombia; DOB 17 Jul 1936; alt. DOB 1945; alt. DOB 14 Jul 1936; Cedula No. 2445590 (Colombia) (individual) [SDNT].
4. JIMENEZ BEDOYA, Maria Adriana, Carrera 4 No. 12-20 of. 206, Cartago, Valle, Colombia; c/o INMOBILIARIA PASADENA LTDA., Cartago, Valle, Colombia; c/o ORGANIZACION LUIS HERNANDO GOMEZ BUSTAMANTE Y CIA. S.C.S., Cartago, Valle, Colombia; DOB 13 Apr 1971; Cedula No. 31417388 (Colombia); Passport 31417388 (Colombia) (individual) [SDNT].
5. TRANSPORTING, LLC, 6555 NW. 36th Street, Suite 304, Virginia Gardens, FL 33166; 9443 Fontainebleau Boulevard, No. 114, Miami, FL 33172; Business Registration Document # L00000012836 (United States); US FEIN 65-1048798 [BPI-SDNT].Start Signature
Dated: January 8, 2010.
Adam J. Szubin,
Director, Office of Foreign Assets Control.
[FR Doc. 2010-1181 Filed 1-21-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4811-45-P