60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker; OMB Control Number 1615-0009.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until April 9, 2010.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated Start Printed Page 6213response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529-2210. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail please add the OMB Control Number 1615-0009 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker.
(3) Agency form number, if any and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-129. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as brief abstract: Primary: Businesses. This form is used by an employer to petition for aliens to come to the U.S. temporarily to perform services, labor, and training or to request extensions of stay or changes in nonimmigrant status for nonimmigrant workers.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 364,048 responses at 2.75 hours per response; and 18,500 (Religious Workers) at 3 hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,056,632 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529-2210, telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: February 3, 2010.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Products Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2010-2662 Filed 2-5-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P