United States Commission on Civil Rights.
Notice of meeting.
DATE AND TIME:
Friday, April 16, 2010; 9:30 a.m. EDT.
624 9th St., NW., Room 540, Washington, DC 20425.
This meeting is open to the public, except where noted otherwise.
I. Approval of Agenda
II. Program Planning
- Approval of Briefing Report on Discrimination Against Native Americans in Border Towns
- Approval of Findings and Recommendations for Briefing Report on the Educational Effectiveness of Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Approval of Letter to Youngstown, Ohio City Council Members re: Racially Bifurcated Test Results in the Police and Fire Departments
- Consideration Briefing Concept Paper on Attack Against Asian-American Students at South Philadelphia High School
- Discussion of Staff Level Meeting with EEOC re: its Compliance with Request for Documents Related to Civil Rights Enforcement
- Discussion of SEC Response to Document Request on its New Corporate Disclosure Rule re: Diversity
- Discussion of Timetable for Briefing Reports
- Update on National Civil Rights Conference
- Update on Status of 2010 Enforcement Report & Scheduled Hearing—Some of the discussion of this agenda item may be held in closed session.
- Update on Status of Title IX Project—Some of the discussion of this agenda item may be held in closed session.
III. State Advisory Committee Issues
- Colorado SAC
- New Jersey SAC
- South Carolina SAC
- Washington State SAC
IV. Staff Director's Report
V. AdjournStart Further Info
CONTACT PERSON FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Lenore Ostrowsky, Acting Chief, Public Affairs Unit (202) 376-8591. TDD: (202) 376-8116.
Persons with a disability requiring special services, such as an interpreter for the hearing impaired, should contact Pamela Dunston at least seven days prior to the meeting at 202-376-8105. TDD: (202) 376-8116.Start Signature
Dated: April 6, 2010.
[FR Doc. 2010-8149 Filed 4-6-10; 4:15 pm]
BILLING CODE 6335-01-P