Notice of request for public comments and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Title of Information Collection: Iran Program Grants.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0176.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Office of Iranian Affairs, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/IR).
- Form Number: DS-4100.
- Respondents: Potential grantees and participants for Iran programs.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 200.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 200.
- Average Hours per Response: 1.
- Total Estimated Burden: 200.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to obtain benefits.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to 30 days from May 7, 2010.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- E-mail: email@example.com. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Danika Walters, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, U.S. Department of State, Washington, DC 20520, who may be reached on 202-647-1347, or via e-mail at WaltersDL@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
The State Department has made the awarding of grants a key component of its Iran policy. As a condition of licensing these activities, the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) mandate that the Department conduct a vetting of potential Iran programs grantees and sub-grantees for counter-terrorism purposes. To conduct this vetting the Department envisions collecting information from grantees and sub-grantees regarding the identity and background of their key employees, board of directors, and program participants.
We will collect this information either through fax or electronic submission.Start Signature
Dated: May 3, 2010.
Office Director, Office of Iranian Affairs, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2010-10838 Filed 5-6-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-31-P