Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Extension of public comment period.
On April 28, 2010, EPA published a proposed rule for mercury emissions from the gold mine ore processing and production area source category. We are announcing an extension of the public comment period to June 28, 2010.
Submit comments on or before June 28, 2010.
Comments. Submit your comments, identified by Docket ID No. EPA EPA-HQ-OAR-2010-0239, by one of the following methods:
- http://www.regulations.gov: Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax: (202) 566-1741.
- Mail: Air and Radiation Docket and Information Center, Environmental Protection Agency, Mailcode: 6102T, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460. Please include a total of two copies. EPA requests a separate copy also be sent to the contact person identified below (see FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT). In addition, please mail a copy of your comments on the information collection provisions to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: Desk Officer for EPA, 725 17th St. NW., Washington, DC 20503.
- Hand Delivery: Air and Radiation Docket and Information Center, U.S. EPA, Room B102, 1301 Constitution Avenue, NW., Washington, DC. Such deliveries are only accepted during the Docket's normal hours of operation, and special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Instructions: Direct your comments to Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2010-0239. EPA's policy is that all comments received will be included in the public docket without change and may be made available on-line at http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided, unless the comment includes information claimed to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Do not submit information that you consider to be CBI or otherwise protected through http://www.regulations.gov or e-mail. The http://www.regulations.gov Web site is an “anonymous access” system, which means EPA will not know your identity or contact information unless you provide it in the body of your comment. If you send an e-mail comment directly to EPA without going through http://www.regulations.gov, your e-mail address will be automatically captured and included as part of the comment that is placed in the public docket and made available on the Internet. If you submit an electronic comment, EPA recommends that you include your name and other contact information in the body of your comment and with any disk or CD-ROM you submit. If EPA cannot read your comment due to technical difficulties and cannot contact you for clarification, EPA may not be able to consider your comment. Electronic files should avoid the use of special characters, any form of encryption, and be free of any defects or viruses. For additional information about EPA's public docket, visit the EPA Docket Center homepage at http://www.epa.gov/epahome/dockets.htm.
Docket: All documents in the docket are listed in the http://www.regulations.gov index. Although listed in the index, some information is not publicly available, e.g., CBI or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Certain other material, such as copyrighted material, will be publicly available only in hard copy. Publicly available docket materials are available either electronically in http://www.regulations.gov or in hardcopy at the Air and Radiation Docket EPA/DC, EPA West, Room 3334, 1301 Constitution Avenue., NW., Washington, DC. The Public Reading Room is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The telephone number for the Public Reading Room is (202) 566-1744, and the telephone number for the Air and Radiation Docket is (202) 566-1742.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Chuck French, Metals and Minerals Group, Sectors Policies and Programs Division (D243-02), U.S. EPA, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711; telephone number (919) 541-7912; facsimile number (919) 541-3207; electronic mail address email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This document extends the public comment period established in the Federal Register issued on April 28, 2010, when EPA published the proposed rule (75 FR 22470). Several parties requested that EPA extend the comment period. EPA has granted this request and is extending the comment period to June 28, 2010. To submit comments, or access the official public docket, please follow the detailed instructions as provided in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of the April 28, 2010 (75 FR 22470) Federal Register document. If you have questions, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 40 CFR Parts 9 and 63
- Environmental protection
- Air pollution control
- Hazardous substances
- Incorporations by reference
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
Dated: May 14, 2010.
[FR Doc. 2010-12099 Filed 5-19-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P