60-Day Notice of Information Collection for Review. Application for Stay of Deportation or Removal, Form I-246, OMB No. 1653-0021.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until September 13, 2010.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Joseph M. Gerhart, Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 500 12th Street, SW., Room 3138, Washington, DC 20536; (202) 732-6337.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until [Insert date of the 60th day from the date that this notice is published in the Federal Register]. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.Start Printed Page 41215
Overview of this Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Renewal of information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Stay of Deportation or Removal.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: I-246, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individual or Households, Business or other non-profit. The information collected on the Form I-246 is necessary for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to make a determination that the eligibility requirements for a request for a stay of deportation or removal are met by the applicant.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 10,000 responses at 30 minutes (.50 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 5,000 annual burden hours.
Requests for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with instructions; comments or inquiries for additional information should be requested via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “ICE Form I-246” in the subject line.Start Signature
Dated: July 8, 2010.
Joseph M. Gerhart,
Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2010-17211 Filed 7-14-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P