U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 4, “Cumulative Occupational Dose History”.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0005.
3. How often the collection is required: Occasionally.
4. Who is required or asked to report: NRC licensees who are required to comply with 10 CFR Part 20.
5. The number of annual respondents: 194.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 14,390 hours.
7. Abstract: NRC Form 4 is used to record the summary of a radiation worker's cumulative occupational radiation dose, including prior occupational radiation exposure and the current year's occupational radiation exposure. NRC Form 4 is used by licensees, and inspected by NRC, to ensure that occupational radiation doses do not exceed the regulatory limits specified in 10 CFR 20.1501.
Submit, by September 27, 2010, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2010-0262. You may submit your comments by any of following methods. Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2010-0262. Mail comments to NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001. Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by e-mail to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 22nd day of July 2010.Start Printed Page 44816
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2010-18656 Filed 7-28-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P