U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on April 2, 2010.
1. Type of submission: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 11, Criteria and Procedures for Determining Eligibility for Access to, or Control Over, Special Nuclear Material.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0062.
4. The form number if applicable:
5. How often the collection is required: On occasion. New applications, certifications, and amendments may be submitted at any time. Applications for renewal are submitted every 5 years.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Employees (including applicants for employment), contractors, and consultants of NRC licensees and contractors whose activities involve access to, or control over, special nuclear material at either fixed sites or for transportation activities.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 5.
8. An estimate number of annual respondents: 5 NRC licensees.Start Printed Page 47856
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1.25 hours (approximately 0.25 hours annually per response).
10. Abstract: NRC regulations in 10 CFR Part 11 establish requirements for access to special nuclear material, and the criteria and procedures for resolving questions concerning the eligibility of individuals to receive special nuclear material access authorization. Personal history information which is submitted on applicants for relevant jobs is provided to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), which conducts investigations. NRC reviews the results of these investigations and makes determinations of the eligibility of the applicants for access authorization.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by September 8, 2010. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Christine J. Kymn, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0062), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Christine.J.Kymn@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4638.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, (301) 415-6258.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 2nd day of August, 2010.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2010-19560 Filed 8-6-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P