Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, USDA.
Approval of an information collection; comment request.v
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, this notice announces the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service's intention to request approval of an information collection associated with regulations for the importation of beef from Uruguay.
We will consider all comments that we receive on or before December 21, 2010.
You may submit comments by either of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: Go to http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocketDetail&d=APHIS-2010-0091 to submit or view comments and to view supporting and related materials available electronically.
- Postal Mail/Commercial Delivery: Please send one copy of your comment to Docket No. APHIS-2010-0091, Regulatory Analysis and Development, PPD, APHIS, Station 3A-03.8, 4700 River Road Unit 118, Riverdale, MD 20737-1238. Please state that your comment refers to Docket No. APHIS-2010-0091.
Reading Room: You may read any comments that we receive on this docket in our reading room. The reading room is located in room 1141 of the USDA South Building, 14th Street and Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC. Normal reading room hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays. To be sure someone is there to help you, please call (202) 690-2817 before coming.
Other Information: Additional information about APHIS and its programs is available on the Internet at http://www.aphis.usda.gov.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
For information on regulations for the Start Printed Page 65293importation of beef from Uruguay, contact Dr. Lynette Williams-McDuffie, Staff Veterinarian, Technical Trade Services—Products, National Center for Import and Export, VS, APHIS, 4700 River Road Unit 40, Riverdale MD 20737; (301) 734-3277. For copies of more detailed information on the information collection, contact Mrs. Celeste Sickles, APHIS' Information Collection Coordinator, at (301) 851-2908.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title: Importation of Beef from Uruguay.
OMB Number: 0579-xxxx.
Type of Request: Approval of an information collection.
Abstract: Under the Animal Health Protection Act (7 U.S.C. 8301 et seq.), the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) of the United States Department of Agriculture is authorized, among other things, to prohibit or restrict the importation and interstate movement of animals and animal products to prevent the introduction into and dissemination within the United States of livestock diseases and pests. To carry out this mission, APHIS regulates the importation of animals and animal products into the United States. The regulations are contained in title 9, parts 92 through 98, of the Code of Federal Regulations.
Part 94, § 94.22, allows the importation, subject to certain conditions, of beef from Uruguay. Among the conditions is a requirement for a certificate that must be completed by an authorized official of the Government of Uruguay with a statement that specific conditions have been met to protect the United States against the introduction of foot-and-mouth disease.
We are asking the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to approve our use of these information collection activities for 3 years.
The purpose of this notice is to solicit comments from the public (as well as affected agencies) concerning our information collection. These comments will help us:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, through use, as appropriate, of automated, electronic, mechanical, and other collection technologies; e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Estimate of burden: The public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 1.5004034 hours per response.
Respondents: Federal animal health officials of the Government of Uruguay.
Estimated annual number of respondents: 21.
Estimated annual number of responses per respondent: 59.
Estimated annual number of responses: 1,239.
Estimated total annual burden on respondents: 1,859 hours. (Due to averaging, the total annual burden hours may not equal the product of the annual number of responses multiplied by the reporting burden per response.)
All responses to this notice will be summarized and included in the request for OMB approval. All comments will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Done in Washington, DC, this 18th day of October 2010.
Acting Administrator, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.
[FR Doc. 2010-26749 Filed 10-21-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-34-P