60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Extension of a Currently Approved Collection; Victims of Crime Act, Victim Compensation Grant Program, State Performance Report.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office for Victims of Crime (OVC), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until January 3, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Toni Thomas, OVC, 810 7th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.Start Printed Page 67117
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the Form/Collection: Victims of Crime Act, Victim Compensation Grant Program, State Performance Report.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: 1121-0114. Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State Government. The form is used by State Government to submit Annual Performance Report data about claims for victim compensation.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 53 respondents will complete the form within 2 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 106 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street, NE., Room 2E-502, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: October 27, 2010.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2010-27525 Filed 10-29-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-P