National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Commerce.
Notice; public meeting.
The New England Fishery Management Council's (Council) Herring Committee will meet jointly with its Advisory Panel to consider actions affecting New England fisheries in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
The meeting will be held on Monday, December 20, 2010 at 9:30 a.m.
The meeting will be held at the Sheraton Harborside Hotel, 250 Market Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801; telephone: (603) 431-2300; fax: (603) 433-5649.
Council address: New England Fishery Management Council, 50 Water Street, Mill 2, Newburyport, MA 01950.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Paul J. Howard, Executive Director, New England Fishery Management Council; telephone: (978) 465-0492.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The items of discussion in the committee and advisory panel's agenda are as follows:
1. Continue development of alternatives for consideration in Amendment 5 to the Atlantic Herring Fishery Management Plan (FMP), with particular focus on management measures to address river herring bycatch;
2. Discuss alternatives for identifying river herring hotspots; consider streamlining and develop recommendations;
3. Discuss management alternatives to apply to river herring hotspots; consider streamlining and develop recommendations;
4. Discuss possible options for river herring catch caps;
5. Discuss alternatives for establishing criteria for herring vessel access to groundfish closed areas; and
6. Address other outstanding issues related to Amendment 5 as time permits.
Although non-emergency issues not contained in this agenda may come before this group for discussion, those issues may not be the subject of formal action during this meeting. Action will be restricted to those issues specifically identified in this notice and any issues arising after publication of this notice that require emergency action under section 305(c) of the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, provided the public has been notified of the Council's intent to take final action to address the emergency.
This meeting is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Paul J. Howard (see ADDRESSES) at least 5 days prior to the meeting date.Start Signature
Dated: November 23, 2010.
Tracey L. Thompson,
Acting Director, Office of Sustainable Fisheries, National Marine Fisheries Service.
[FR Doc. 2010-30015 Filed 11-29-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-22-P