60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Limited Permitee Transaction Record.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This notice requests comments from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed information collection. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until February 14, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact William Miller, William.Miller@atf.gov. Explosives Industry Programs Branch, Room 6E405, 99 New York Avenue, NE., Washington, DC 20226 Fax (202) 648-9741.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed information collection are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Limited Permittee Transaction Record.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond:
Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Individuals or households.
Need for Collection:
The purpose of this collection is to ensure that records are available for tracing explosive materials when necessary and to ensure that limited permittees do not exceed their maximum allotment of receipts of explosive materials.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 5,000 respondents will spend approximately 5 minutes to receive, file, and forward the appropriate documentation.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 12,000 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, 2 Constitution Square, Room 2E-502, 145 N Street, NE., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: December 8, 2010.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2010-31281 Filed 12-13-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P