30-Day Notice of Information Collection for Review; Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS); OMB Control No. 1653-0038,
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), will be submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Notice of this information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on November 10, 2010 Vol. 75 No. 217, 69095, allowing for a 60 day public comment period. No comments were received during this period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for thirty days until April 15, 2011.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. Comments should be addressed to OMB Desk Officer, for United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security, and sent via electronic mail to email@example.com or faxed to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including Start Printed Page 8374whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Forms I-17 and I-20; U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Not-for-profit institutions and individuals or households.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond:
|No. of respondents||Form name/form number||Avg. burden per response (in hours)|
|280,000||Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status—For Academic and Language Students/ICE Form I-20 (Students)||0.5|
|90,000||Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status—For Academic and Language Students/ICE Form I-20 (Spouse/Dependents)||0.5|
|280,000||Optional Practical Training 12 Month Request/No Form||0.083|
|12,000||Optional Practical Training 17 Month Extension Request/No Form||0.083|
|5,525||Maintenance of SEVP Certification/ICE Form I-17||4|
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 557,816 annual burden hours.
Requests for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with instructions; or inquiries for additional information should be directed to: Office of the Chief Financial Officer/OAA/Records Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 500 12th Street SW., STOP 5705 Washington, DC 20536-5705.Start Signature
Dated: February 2, 2011.
Forms Program Manager, Office of Asset Administration, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2011-3238 Filed 2-11-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P