Postal Regulatory Commission.
The Commission is noticing a recently-filed Postal Service request concerning changes in certain contractual Priority Mail prices. This document provides public notice of the changes and addresses related procedural steps.
Comments are due: February 18, 2011.
Submit comments electronically by accessing the “Filing Online” link in the banner at the top of the Commission's Web site (http://www.prc.gov) or by directly accessing the Commission's Filing Online system at https://www.prc.gov/prc-pages/filing-online/login.aspx. Commenters who cannot submit their views electronically should contact the person identified in FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section as the source for case-related information for advice on alternatives to electronic filing.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Stephen L. Sharfman, General Counsel, at 202-789-6820 (case-related information) or DocketAdmins@prc.gov (electronic filing assistance).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
On February 9, 2011, the Postal Service filed notice of a change in prices pursuant to an amendment to Priority Mail Contract 7. The Notice includes three attachments: Attachment A, a redacted version of the amendment to Priority Mail Contract 7; Attachment B, a certified statement of compliance with 39 U.S.C. 3633(a); and Attachment C, an application for non-public treatment and a redacted version of the supporting financial documentation. In addition, the Postal Service filed the unredacted Start Printed Page 9382amendment to the contract and supporting financial documentation under seal. Id. at 1.
Substantively, the Notice seeks approval of an amendment to the prices for Priority Mail Contract 7 while keeping the contract's existing duration. Id., Attachment A. The Postal Service states that the price amendment will become effective the day the Commission completes its review of the Notice. Notice at 1.
II. Notice of Filings
The Commission reopens Docket No. CP2009-31 for consideration of the issues raised by the Notice. Interested persons may submit comments on whether these recent Postal Service's filings in this docket are consistent with the policies of 39 U.S.C. 3632, 3633, or 3642 and 39 CFR part 3015. Comments are due no later than February 18, 2011. The public portions of these filings can be accessed via the Commission's Web site (http://www.prc.gov).
The Commission appoints Diane K. Monaco to serve as Public Representative in this proceeding.
III. Ordering Paragraphs
It is ordered:
1. The Commission reopens Docket No. CP2009-31 for consideration of the matters raised by the amendment to Priority Mail Contract 7.
2. Pursuant to 39 U.S.C. 505, Diane K. Monaco is appointed to serve as officer of the Commission (Public Representative) to represent the interests of the general public for this aspect of this docket.
3. Comments by interested persons in these proceedings are due no later than February 18, 2011.
4. The Secretary shall arrange for publication of this Order in the Federal Register.Start Signature
By the Commission.
Ruth Ann Abrams,
1. Notice of United States Postal Service of Change in Prices Pursuant to Amendment to Priority Mail Contract 7, February 9, 2011 (Notice).Back to Citation
2. Priority Mail Contract 7 was originally approved, along with Priority Mail Contracts 6, and 8 through 10 in this docket by Order No. 226, Order Concerning Priority Mail Contracts 6 through 10, June 19, 2009.Back to Citation
[FR Doc. 2011-3552 Filed 2-16-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7710-FW-P