30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form G-646, Sworn Statement of Refugee Applying for Admission to the United States; OMB Control No. 1615-0097.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on December 15, 2010, at 75 FR 78263, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments for this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until April 4, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, Clearance Officer, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-0997 or via e-mail at email@example.com, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-5806 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0097 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies' estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Sworn Statement of Refugee Applying for Admission to the United States.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form G-646; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. The data collected by Form G-646 is used by USCIS to determine eligibility for the admission of the applicants to the United States as refugees.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 75,000 responses at 20 minutes (.333) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 24,975 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020; Telephone 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: February 28, 2011.
Senior Management and Program Analyst, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2011-4746 Filed 3-2-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P