Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0014.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: CA/PPT/PMO/PC.
- Form Number: DS-0064.
- Respondents: Individuals or Households.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 122,500.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 122,500.
- Average Hours per Response: 5 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden: 10,208 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain a Benefit.
Submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for up to 30 days from March 11, 2011.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
You may obtain copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents from Passport Forms Management Officer, U.S. Department of State, Office of Program Management and Operational Support, 2100 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Room 3031, Washington, DC 20037, who may be reached on 202-663-2457 or at PPT-Forms-Officer@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information Start Printed Page 13444
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary to properly perform our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond,
Abstract of Proposed Collection
The form is used prior to passport issuance and solicits information relating to the loss or theft of a valid U.S. passport. The information is used by the United States Department of State to ensure that no person shall bear more than one valid or potentially valid U.S. passport book and passport card at any one time, except as authorized by the Department, and is also used to combat passport fraud and misuse.
This form is used in conjunction with the Form DS-11, Application for a U.S. Passport, or submitted separately to report loss or theft of a U.S. passport. Passport Services collects the information when a U.S. citizen or non-citizen national applies for a new U.S. passport and has been issued a previous, still valid U.S. passport that has been lost or stolen, or when a passport holder independently reports it lost or stolen. Passport applicants can either download the form from the Internet or pick one up at any Passport Agency or Acceptance Facility.Start Signature
Dated: March 2, 2011.
Brenda S. Sprague,
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Passport Services, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2011-5703 Filed 3-10-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P