This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment in the Federal Register preceding submission to OMB. We are conducting this process in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of Policy and Evaluation, Evaluation Division: Sports & Culture Evaluation Kennedy Center Visitors Survey.
- OMB Control Number: None.
- Type of Request: New Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of Policy and Evaluation, Evaluation Division (ECA/P/V).
- Form Number: Survey numbers (SV-yyyy-####) will be generated as needed.
- Respondents: Kennedy Center (KC) Cultural Visitors Program participants conducted by ECA from 2005 through 2009.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 65 annually.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 65 annually.
- Average Hours Per Response: 35 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden: 38 hours annually.
- Frequency: On-occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Voluntary.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to 60 days from March 22, 2011.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: HaleMJ2@state.gov.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): ECA/P/V, SA-5, C2 Floor, Department of State, Washington, DC 20522-0505.
- Fax: 202-632-6320.
- Hand Delivery or Courier: ECA/P/V, SA-5, C2 Floor, Department of State, 2200 C Street, NW., Washington, DC 20037.Start Printed Page 16032
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Michelle Hale, ECA/P/V, SA-5, C2 Floor, Department of State, Washington, DC 20522-0582, who may be reached on 202-632-6312 or at HaleMJ2@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
To meet OMB and Congressional reporting requirements, this request for a new information collection clearance will allow ECA/P/V as part of their larger Sports and Culture Evaluation to conduct a survey of exchange participants who participated in the KC Cultural Visitors Program. Collecting this data will help ECA/P/V assess and measure the program's effectiveness and impact, as well as provide valuable feedback on the program from the participants' perspective. The respondents will be exchange program participants that came on the Cultural Visitors program between the years of 2005 and 2009.
Evaluation data will be entirely collected through an electronic survey conducted via Zoomerang, an on-line surveying tool.Start Signature
Dated: March 4, 2011.
Acting Director of the Office of Policy and Evaluation, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2011-6696 Filed 3-21-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-05-P