30-Day Notice of information collection under review: Civics and Citizenship Toolkit/Teacher Training Registration; OMB Control No. 1615-New.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on January 21, 2011, at 76 FR 3920, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until April 22, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, Clearance Officer, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-0997 or via e-mail at email@example.com, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-5806 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When Start Printed Page 16437submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add Civics and Citizenship Toolkit/Teacher Training Registration in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Civics and Citizenship Toolkit/Teacher Training Registration.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No Form Number; File No. OMB-58. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. This information collection is necessary to register for training and to obtain a toolkit.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: Citizenship Toolkit: 7,000 responses at 10 minutes (.166 hours) per response. Teacher Training Registration: 1,100 responses at 10 minutes (.166 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,344 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, Clearance Officer, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020; Telephone 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: March 17, 2011.
Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2011-6782 Filed 3-22-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P