Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
In compliance with the requirement of section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is publishing the following summary of proposed collections for public comment. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Independent Renal Dialysis Facility Cost Report; Use: The Independent Renal Dialysis Facility Cost Report, is filed annually by providers participating in the Medicare program to identify the specific items of cost and statistics of facility operation that independent renal dialysis facilities are required to report. The forms are revised in accordance with the End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System Final Rule published August 12, 2010 which implemented statutory requirements of the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA), enacted July 15, 2008. Additionally, the forms are revised to incorporate data previously reported on the Provider Cost Report Reimbursement Questionnaire, Form CMS-339. Form Number: CMS-265-94 (OMB#: 0938-0236); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Business or other for-profits and Not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 5,654 Total Annual Responses: 5,654; Total Annual Hours: 367,510 (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Gail Duncan at 410-786-7278. For all other issues call 410-786-1326.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Identification of Extension Units of Medicare Approved Outpatient Physical Therapy/Outpatient Speech Pathology (OPT/OSP) Providers and Supporting Regulations in 42 CFR 485.701-485.729; Use: The collected information is used in conjunction with 42 CFR 485.701 through 485.729 governing the operation of providers of outpatient physical therapy and speech-language pathology services. The provider uses the form to report to the State survey agency extension locations that it has added since the date of last report. The form is used by the State survey agencies and by the CMS regional offices to identify and monitor extension locations to ensure their compliance with the Federal requirements for the providers of outpatient physical therapy and speech-language pathology services; Form Number: CMS-381 (OMB #: 0938-0273); Frequency: Annually; Affected Public: Private Sector; Business or other for-profit and not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 2,960; Total Annual Responses: 2,960; Total Annual Hours: 740. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Georgia Johnson at 410-786-6859. For all other issues call 410-786-1326.)
3. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Notice of Provider Non-Coverage (CMS-10123) and Detailed Explanation of Non-Coverage (CMS-10124); Use: The Notice of Medicare Provider Non-Coverage (CMS-10123) is used to inform fee-for-service Medicare beneficiaries of the determination that their provider services will end, and of their right to an expedited review of that determination. The Detailed Explanation of Non-Coverage (CMS-10124) is used to provide beneficiaries who request an expedited determination with detailed information of why the services should end. The revised Notice of Provider Non-Coverage and Detailed Explanation of Provider Non-Coverage will no longer require use of the beneficiary's Medicare number as a patient identifier. Instead, when applicable, providers may use a number that helps to link the notice with a related claim. Form Number: CMS-10123 and 10124 (OMB# 0938-0953); Frequency: Occasionally; Affected Public: Business or other for-profit, not-for-profit institutions, and Individuals or households; Number of Respondents: Start Printed Page 182235,314,164; Total Annual Responses: 5,314,194; Total Annual Hours: 885,699.
To obtain copies of the supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed paperwork collections referenced above, access CMS' Web site at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995, or e-mail your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov, or call the Reports Clearance Office at 410-786-1326.
In commenting on the proposed information collections please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in one of the following ways by May 31, 2011:
1. Electronically. You may submit your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address: CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.Start Signature
Dated: March 25, 2011.
Director, Regulations Development Group, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2011-7746 Filed 3-31-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P