Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled “AmeriCorps Application Instructions: State Commissions, State and National Competitive, National Professional Corps, Indian Tribes, States and Territories without Commissions, and State and National Planning” to the Start Printed Page 19980Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Ms. Amy Borgstrom at (202) 606-6930. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 565-2799 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: email@example.com.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on February 4, 2011. This comment period ended April 5, 2011. No public comments were received from this Notice.
Description: The Corporation seeks to renew and revise the current AmeriCorps State and National Application Instructions. The Application Instructions are being revised for increased clarity and to comply with new requirements regarding performance measurement set forth in the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act. The Application Instructions will be used in the same manner as the existing Application Instructions. The Corporation also seeks to continue using the current Application Instructions until the revised Application Instructions are approved by OMB. The current form is due to expire on May 31, 2012.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: AmeriCorps State and National Application Instructions.
OMB Number: 3045-0047.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Nonprofit organizations, State, Local and Tribal.
Total Respondents: 654 applicants.
Average Time per Response: 24 hours to apply.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 15,696 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: April 5, 2011.
Deputy Director, AmeriCorps State and National.
[FR Doc. 2011-8554 Filed 4-8-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P