Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Affidavit Regarding a Change of Name.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0133.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Consular Affairs, CA/PPT.
- Form Number: DS-60.
- Respondents: Individuals or households.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 202,920 per year.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 202,920 per year.
- Average Hours per Response: 15 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden: 50,730 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
Submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for up to 30 days from April 29, 2011.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
You may obtain copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents from the Passport Forms Management Officer, U.S. Department of State, Office of Program Management and Operational Support, 2100 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Room 3031, Washington, DC 20037, who may be reached on 202-663-2457 or at PPTFormsOfficer@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary to properly perform our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
The Affidavit Regarding a Change of Name is submitted in conjunction with an application for a U.S. passport. It is used by Passport Services to collect information for the purpose of establishing that a passport applicant has adopted a new name without formal court proceedings or by marriage and has publicly and exclusively used the adopted name over a period of time (at least five years).
When needed, the Affidavit Regarding a Change of Name is completed at the time a U.S. citizen applies for a U.S. passport.Start Signature
Dated: April 18, 2011.
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Passport Services, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2011-10493 Filed 4-28-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P