Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. Sec. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments concerning its proposed renewal of its Interest Payment Form. This form is the official document AmeriCorps members and institutions use to collect information necessary for disbursing interest payments, as detailed in 42 U.S.C. 12602 through 12604. Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the ADDRESSES section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by July 5, 2011.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, National Service Trust; Attention Bruce Kellogg; 1201 New York Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3492, Attention: Bruce Kellogg.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system: email@example.com. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 606-3472 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Bruce Kellogg, (202) 606-6954, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
This form or its electronic equivalent is used by AmeriCorps members to request interest payments, by schools and lenders to verify eligibility for the payments, and by both parties to verify certain legal requirements.
The Corporation seeks to renew the current information collection. The Interest Payment Form is unchanged.
The information collection will be used in the same manner as the existing application. The Corporation also seeks to continue using the current Start Printed Page 25673application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on 9/30/2011.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Interest Payment Form, OMB Payment Form, OMB Number: 3045-0053.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Individuals who have successfully completed a term of national service who wish to request payment of interest accruing on qualified student loans during the member's term of service in AmeriCorps.
Total Respondents: Paper Interest Payment Form, 4,000 responses annually.
Frequency: Some members do not have qualified student loans while others have several. Currently, about two-thirds of the interest payments are processed electronically. The Corporation expects the use of paper forms to continue to decrease.
Average Time per Response: 10 minutes for member and institution.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 667 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: April 27, 2011.
Manager, National Service Trust.
[FR Doc. 2011-10916 Filed 5-4-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P