In Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 100 to 185, revised as of October 1, 2010, on page 1026, in § 178.601, paragraph (l) is reinstated to read as follows:
(l) Record retention. Following each design qualification test and each periodic retest on a packaging, a test report must be prepared. The test report must be maintained at each location where the packaging is manufactured and each location where the design qualification tests are conducted, for as long as the packaging is produced and for at least two years thereafter, and at each location where the periodic retests are conducted until such tests are successfully performed again and a new test report produced. In addition, a copy of the test report must be maintained by a person certifying compliance with this part. The test report must be made available to a user of a packaging or a representative of the Department upon request. The test report, at a minimum, must contain the following information:
(1) Name and address of test facility;
(2) Name and address of applicant (where appropriate);
(3) A unique test report identification;
(4) Date of the test report;
(5) Manufacturer of the packaging;
(6) Description of the packaging design type (e.g. dimensions, materials, closures, thickness, etc.), including methods of manufacture (e.g. blow molding) and which may include drawing(s) and/or photograph(s);
(7) Maximum capacity;Start Printed Page 30552
(8) Characteristics of test contents, e.g. viscosity and relative density for liquids and particle size for solids;
(9) Test descriptions and results; and
(10) Signed with the name and title of signatory.
[FR Doc. 2011-13183 Filed 5-25-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 1505-01-D'