Coast Guard, DHS.
Notice of enforcement of regulation.
The Coast Guard will enforce various local regulations for annual regattas and marine parades in the Captain of the Port Detroit zone from 8 a.m. on June 24, 2011 through 6 p.m. on July 31, 2011. This action is necessary and intended to ensure safety of life on the navigable waters immediately prior to, during, and immediately after regattas or marine parades. This rule will establish restrictions upon, and control movement of, vessels in specified areas immediately prior to, during, and immediately after regattas or marine parades. During the enforcement periods, no person or vessel may enter the regulated areas without permission of the Captain of the Port.
The regulations in 33 CFR 100.914, 100.915, 100.918, and 100.919 will be enforced at various times between June 24, 2011 and July 31, 2011.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have questions on this notice, call or e-mail LT Katie Stanko, Prevention Department, Sector Detroit, Coast Guard; telephone (313) 568-9508, e-mail Katie.R.Stanko@uscg.mil.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Coast Guard will enforce the following special local regulations at the following times:
This special local regulation will be enforced from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on June 24, 2011 and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on June 25 and 26, 2011. In the case of inclement weather on June 26, 2011, this special local regulation will be enforced from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on June 27, 2011.
This special local regulation will be enforced from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on July 22, 2011 and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on July 23 and 24, 2011.
This special local regulation will be enforced daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on July 29, 30 and 31, 2011.
(1) In accordance with the general regulations in 33 CFR 100.901, entry into, transiting, or anchoring within these regulated areas is prohibited unless authorized by the Captain of the Port Detroit, or his designated on-scene representative.
(2) These regulated areas are closed to all vessel traffic, except as may be permitted by the Captain of the Port Detroit or his designated on-scene representative.
(3) The “designated on-scene representative” of the Captain of the Port is any Coast Guard commissioned, warrant, or petty officer who has been designated by the Captain of the Port to act on his behalf. The designated on-scene representative of the Captain of the Port will be aboard either a Coast Guard or Coast Guard Auxiliary vessel. The Captain of the Port or his designated on scene representative may be contacted via VHF Channel 16.
(4) Vessel operators desiring to enter or operate within the regulated area shall contact the Captain of the Port Detroit or his designated on-scene representative to obtain permission.
(5) Vessel operators given permission to enter or operate in the regulated area must comply with all directions given to them by the Captain of the Port or his designated on-scene representative.
Dated: May 19, 2011.
Captain, U.S. Coast Guard, Captain of the Port Detroit.
[FR Doc. 2011-13759 Filed 6-3-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9110-04-P