30-Day Notice and request for comments.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 76, Number 69, page 20009-20010, on April 11, 2011, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until July 15, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the 8 digit OMB number for the collection or the title of the collection. If you have questions concerning the collection, please call Renee Reid at 202-648-9620 or the DOJ Desk Officer at 202-395-3176.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Investigator Integrity Questionnaire.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 8620.7. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: none.
Need for Collection
ATF utilizes the services of contract investigators to conduct security/suitability investigations on prospective or current employees, as well as those contractors and consultants doing business with ATF. Persons interviewed by contract investigators will be randomly selected to voluntarily complete a questionnaire regarding the investigator's degree of professionalism.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 2,500 respondents, who will complete the form within approximately 5 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 250 total burden hours associated with this collection.Start Printed Page 35017
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, http://www.DOJ.PRA@usdoj.gov, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, 2 Constitution Square, Room 2E-808, 145 N Street, NE., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2011-14726 Filed 6-14-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P