Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Department of Defense (DoD).
Notice and request for comments regarding a proposed extension of an approved information collection requirement.
In compliance with Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. chapter 35), DoD announces the proposed extension of a public information collection requirement and seeks public comment on the provisions thereof. DoD invites comments on: (a) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of DoD, including whether the information will have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the estimate of the burden of the proposed information collection; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the information collection on respondents, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology. The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has approved this information Start Printed Page 35425collection requirement for use through October 31, 2011. DoD proposes that OMB extend its approval for three additional years.
DoD will consider all comments received by August 16, 2011.
You may submit comments, identified by OMB Control Number 0704-0255, using any of the following methods:
○ Regulations.gov: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
○ E-mail: email@example.com. Include OMB Control Number 0704-0248 in the subject line of the message.
○ Fax: 703-602-0350.
○ Mail: Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Attn: Mr. Manuel Quinones, OUSD(AT&L)DPAP(DARS), 3060 Defense Pentagon, Room 3B855, Washington, DC 20301-3060.
Comments received generally will be posted without change to http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided. To confirm receipt of your comment, please check http://www.regulations.gov approximately two to three days after submission to verify posting, except allow 30 days for posting of comments submitted by mail.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Manuel Quinones, 703-602-8383. The information collection requirements addressed in this notice are available on the World Wide Web at: http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/dfars.html. Paper copies are available from Mr. Manuel Quinones, OUSD(AT&L)DPAP(DARS), 3060 Defense Pentagon, Room 3B855, Washington, DC 20301-3060.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title and OMB Number: Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) Part 236, Construction and Architect-Engineer Contracts, and Related Clauses at DFARS 252.236; OMB Control Number 0704-0255.
Needs and Uses: DoD contracting officers need this information to evaluate contractor proposals for contract modifications; to determine that a contractor has removed obstructions to navigation; to review contractor requests for payment for mobilization and preparatory work; to determine reasonableness of costs allocated to mobilization and demobilization; and to determine eligibility for the 20 percent evaluation preference for United States firms in the award of some overseas construction contracts.
Affected Public: Businesses or other for-profit and not-for-profit institutions.
Annual Burden Hours: 359,015.
Number of Respondents: 3539.
Responses per Respondent: Approximately 1.
Annual Responses: 3587.
Average Burden per Response: Approximately 100 hours.
Frequency: On occasion.
Summary of Information Collection
DFARS 236.570(a) prescribes use of the clause at DFARS 252.236-7000, Modification Proposals—Price Breakdown, in all fixed-price construction contracts. The clause requires the contractor to submit a price breakdown with any proposal for a contract modification.
DFARS 236.570(b) prescribes use of the following clauses in fixed-price construction contracts as applicable:
(1) The clause at DFARS 252.236-7002, Obstruction of Navigable Waterways, requires the contractor to notify the contracting officer of obstructions in navigable waterways.
(2) The clause at DFARS 252.236-7003, Payment for Mobilization and Preparatory Work, requires the contractor to provide supporting documentation when submitting requests for payment for mobilization and preparatory work.
(3) The clause at DFARS 252.236-7004, Payment for Mobilization and Demobilization, permits the contracting officer to require the contractor to furnish cost data justifying the percentage of the cost split between mobilization and demobilization, if the contracting officer believes that the proposed percentages do not bear a reasonable relation to the cost of the work.
DFARS 236.570(c) prescribes use of the following provisions in solicitations for military construction contracts that are funded with military construction appropriations and are estimated to exceed $1,000,000:
(1) The provision at DFARS 252.236-7010, Overseas Military Construction—Preference for United States Firms, requires an offeror to specify whether or not it is a United States firm.
(2) The provision at DFARS 252.236-7012, Military Construction on Kwajalein Atoll-Evaluation Preference, requires an offeror to specify whether it is a United States firm, a Marshallese firm, or other firm.Start Signature
Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations System.
[FR Doc. 2011-15132 Filed 6-16-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-08-P