This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Office of Foreign Assets Control, Treasury.
The Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) is publishing the names of six newly-designated individuals whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to Executive Order 13224 of September 23, 2001, “Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions With Persons Who Commit, Threaten To Commit, or Support Terrorism.”
The designations by the Director of OFAC of the six individuals identified in this notice, pursuant to Executive Order 13224, are effective on July 28, 2011.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Assistant Director, Compliance Outreach & Implementation, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Department of the Treasury, Washington, DC 20220, tel.: 202/622-2490.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Electronic and Facsimile Availability
This document and additional information concerning OFAC are available from OFAC's Web site (http://www.treas.gov/ofac) or via facsimile through a 24-hour fax-on-demand service, tel.: 202/622-0077.
On September 23, 2001, the President issued Executive Order 13224 (the “Order”) pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, 50 U.S.C. 1701-1706, and the United Nations Participation Act of 1945, 22 U.S.C. 287c. In the Order, the President declared a national emergency to address grave acts of terrorism and threats of terrorism committed by foreign terrorists, including the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York, Pennsylvania, and at the Pentagon. The Order imposes economic sanctions on persons who have committed, pose a significant risk of committing, or support acts of terrorism. The President identified in the Annex to the Order, as amended by Executive Order 13268 of July 2, 2002, 13 individuals and 16 entities as subject to the economic sanctions. The Order was further amended by Executive Order 13284 of January 23, 2003, to reflect the creation of the Department of Homeland Security.
Section 1 of the Order blocks, with certain exceptions, all property and interests in property that are in or hereafter come within the United States or the possession or control of United States persons, of: (1) Foreign persons listed in the Annex to the Order; (2) foreign persons determined by the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and the Attorney General, to have committed, or to pose a significant risk of committing, acts of terrorism that threaten the security of U.S. nationals or the national security, foreign policy, or economy of the United States; (3) persons determined by the Director of OFAC, in consultation with the Departments of State, Homeland Security and Justice, to be owned or controlled by, or to act for or on behalf of those persons listed in the Annex to the Order or those persons determined to be subject to subsection 1(b), 1(c), or 1(d)(i) of the Order; and (4) except as provided in section 5 of the Order and after such consultation, if any, with foreign authorities as the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and the Attorney General, deems appropriate in the exercise of his discretion, persons determined by the Director of OFAC, in consultation with the Departments of State, Homeland Security and Justice, to assist in, sponsor, or provide financial, material, or technological support for, or financial or other services to or in support of, such acts of terrorism or those persons listed in the Annex to the Order or determined to be subject to the Order or to be otherwise associated with those persons listed in the Annex to the Order or those persons determined to be subject to subsection 1(b), 1(c), or 1(d)(i) of the Order.
On July 28, 2011 the Director of OFAC, in consultation with the Departments of State, Homeland Security, Justice and other relevant agencies, designated, pursuant to one or more of the criteria set forth in subsections 1(b), 1(c) or 1(d) of the Order, six individuals whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to Executive Order 13224.
The designees are as follows:
1. AL-'AJMI, 'Ali Hasan 'Ali (a.k.a. AL-'AJAMI, 'Ali Hasan; a.k.a. AL-'AJMI, Abu al-Hassan; a.k.a. AL-'AJMI, 'Ali Hassan 'Ali; a.k.a. AL-YAMI, 'Ali Abu Hasan; a.k.a. AL-YAMI, Hassan; a.k.a. AL-YAMI, Husayn; a.k.a. “AL-HASSAN, Abu”; a.k.a. “HASAN, 'Ali bin”); DOB 14 Jan 1979; nationality Start Printed Page 46897Kuwait; Passport 002981367 (Kuwait) (individual) [SDGT]
2. AL-KUWARI, Salim Hasan Khalifah Rashid (a.k.a. AL KAWARI, Salim Hasan Khalifa; a.k.a. AL KUWARI, Salim Hassan Khalifa Rashid; a.k.a. AL-KOWARI, Salim; a.k.a. AL-KUWARI, Salem); DOB 1977; alt. DOB 1978; nationality Qatar (individual) [SDGT]
3. KHAWAR, Abdallah Ghanim Mahfuz Muslim (a.k.a. AL-KHAWAR, Abdullah Ghalib Mahfuz Muslim; a.k.a. AL-KHOWAR, Abdullah; a.k.a. KHAWAR, Abdullah Ghanem Mahfouz Muslim; a.k.a. KHOWAR, Abdullah); DOB 17 Aug 1981; nationality Qatar; Passport 28163402296 (individual) [SDGT]
4. ABD AL-RAHMAN, Atiyah (a.k.a. AL-LIBI, 'Atiyah 'Abd al-Rahman; a.k.a. AL-SHATIWI, Jamal; a.k.a. AL-SHITAYWI, Jamal Ibrahim Muhammad; a.k.a. AL-SHITIWI, Jamal; a.k.a. AL-SHTIWI, Jamal; a.k.a. “AL-LIBI, Shaykh Mahmud”); DOB 1969; alt. DOB 1965; alt. DOB 1966; alt. DOB 1967; alt. DOB 1957; alt. DOB 1958; alt. DOB 1959; alt. DOB 1960; POB Misrata, Libya; nationality Libya (individual) [SDGT]
5. KHALIL, Ezedin Abdel Aziz (a.k.a. AL-ABADIN, Zayn; a.k.a. AL-SURI, Yaseen; a.k.a. AL-SURI, Yasin; a.k.a. KHALIL, Izz al-Din Abd al-Farid); DOB 1982; POB al-Qamishli, Syria; nationality Syria; ethnicity Kurdish (individual) [SDGT]
6. MUHAMMADI, Umid (a.k.a. MUHAMMADI, Omid; a.k.a. MUHAMMADI, 'Umid 'Abd al-Majid Muhammad 'Aziz; a.k.a. “AL-KURDI, Abu Sulayman”; a.k.a. “AL-KURDI, 'Amid”; a.k.a. “AL-KURDI, Hamza”; a.k.a. “AL-KURDI, Umid”; a.k.a. “DARWESH, Arkan Mohammed Hussein”; a.k.a. “MARIVANI, Shahin”; a.k.a. “RAWANSARI, Shahin”); DOB 1967; nationality Syria; alt. nationality Iran; ethnicity Kurdish (individual) [SDGT]Start Signature
Dated: July 28, 2011.
Barbara C. Hammerle,
Acting Director, Office of Foreign Assets Control.
[FR Doc. 2011-19643 Filed 8-2-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4810-AL-P