30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review.
The Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Training and Records Testimony Team will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with established review procedures of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 76, Number 119, Pages 36155-36156, on June 21, 2011, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until September 19, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to David R. Cotton, Training Administrator, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Training and Records Testimony Team, Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306; facsimile (304) 625-2337.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of information collection: Identify agencies that provide fingerprint comparisons.
(2) The title of the form/collection: National Fingerprint Examiners Questionnaire.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: N/A.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Federal, state, and local government law enforcement agencies charged with the responsibility of fingerprint comparison.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: Sampling of one-hundred to one-hundred and fifty respondents with a time burden of less than ten minutes per phone call.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with this collection: There are approximately 1,500 burden hours associated with this information collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street, NE., Room 2E-508, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2011-21221 Filed 8-18-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P