Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Request for public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is issuing the Draft License Renewal Interim Staff Guidance (LR-ISG), LR-ISG-2011-02, “Aging Management Program for Steam Generators,” for public comment. This Draft LR-ISG provides the staff's evaluation of the suitability of using Revision 3 of NEI 97-06 to manage steam generator aging. The Draft LR-ISG revises the NRC staff's aging management recommendations currently described in Chapter XI.M19 of NUREG-1801, “Generic Aging Lessons Learned (GALL) Report,” Revision 2, dated December 2010, which is available in the NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS) under Accession No. ML103490041 and NUREG-1800, Revision 2, “Standard Review Plan for Review of License Renewal Applications for Nuclear Power Plants” (SRP-LR), available under Accession No. ML103490036. The Draft LR-ISG-2011-02 is available under Accession No. ML11220A136.
Comments may be submitted by October 20, 2011. Comments received after this date will be considered, if it is practical to do so, but the NRC staff is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
Please include Docket ID NRC-2011-0228 in the subject line of your comments. For additional instructions on submitting comments and instructions on accessing documents related to this action, see “Submitting Comments and Accessing Information” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document. Start Printed Page 60938You may submit comments by any one of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for documents filed under Docket ID NRC-2011-0228. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher, telephone: 301-492-3668; e-mail: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch (RADB), Office of Administration, Mail Stop: TWB-05-B01M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
- Fax comments to: RADB at 301-492-3446.
Submitting Comments and Accessing Information
Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be posted on the NRC Web site and on the Federal rulemaking Web site, http://www.regulations.gov. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed.
The NRC requests that any party soliciting or aggregating comments received from other persons for submission to the NRC inform those persons that the NRC will not edit their comments to remove any identifying or contact information, and therefore, they should not include any information in their comments that they do not want publicly disclosed.
You can access publicly available documents related to this document using the following methods:
- NRC's Public Document Room (PDR): The public may examine and have copied, for a fee, publicly available documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): Publicly available documents created or received at the NRC are available online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. From this page, the public can gain entry into ADAMS, which provides text and image files of the NRC's public documents. If you do not have access to ADAMS or if there are problems in accessing the documents located in ADAMS, contact the NRC's PDR reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The draft LR-ISG-2011-02 is available electronically under ADAMS Accession Number ML11220A136.
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Public comments and supporting materials related to this notice can be found at http://www.regulations.gov by searching on Docket ID NRC-2011-0228.
- NRC's Interim Staff Guidance Web site: LR-ISG documents are also available online under the “License Renewal” heading at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/#int.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Evelyn Gettys, Division of License Renewal, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone 301-415-4029; or e-mail: Evelyn.Gettys@nrc.gov.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 26th day of September 2011.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
David L. Pelton,
Acting Director, Division of License Renewal, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation.
[FR Doc. 2011-25239 Filed 9-29-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P