Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Draft regulatory guide; extension of comment period.
On September 6, 2011 (76 FR 55137), the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) re-issued Draft Regulatory Guide, DG-1278, “Monitoring the Effectiveness of Maintenance at Nuclear Power Plants,” in the Federal Register for a 60 day public comment period. The NRC is extending the public comment period for DG-1278 from October 31, 2011 to November 11, 2011. This guide endorses Revision 4A to Nuclear Management and Resources Council (NUMARC) 93-01, “Industry Guideline for Monitoring the Effectiveness of Maintenance at Nuclear Power Plants,” which provides methods that are acceptable to the NRC staff for complying with the provisions of Section 50.65, “Requirements for Monitoring the Effectiveness of Maintenance at Nuclear Power Plants,” of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 50, “Domestic Licensing of Production and Utilization Facilities.”
Submit comments by November 11, 2011. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the NRC is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date. Although a time limit is given, comments and suggestions in connection with items for inclusion in guides currently being developed or improvements in all published guides are encouraged at any time.
Please include Docket ID NRC-2011-0212 in the subject line of your comments. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be posted on the NRC Web site and on the Federal rulemaking Web site, http://www.regulations.gov. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed.
The NRC requests that any party soliciting or aggregating comments received from other persons for submission to the NRC inform those persons that the NRC will not edit their comments to remove any identifying or contact information, and therefore, they should not include any information in their comments that they do not want publicly disclosed. You may submit comments by any one of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web Site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for documents filed under Docket ID NRC-2011-0212. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher, telephone: 301-492-3668; e-mail: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch (RADB), Office of Administration, Mail Stop: TWB-05-B01M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
- Fax comments to: RADB at 301-492-3446.
You can access publicly available documents related to this regulatory guide using the following methods:
- NRC's Public Document Room (PDR): The public may examine and have copied, for a fee, publicly available documents at the NRC's PDR, O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): Publicly available documents created or received at the NRC are available online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. From this page, the public can gain entry into ADAMS, which provides text and image files of the NRC's public documents. If you do not have access to ADAMS or if there are problems in accessing the documents located in ADAMS, contact the NRC's PDR reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The draft regulatory guide is available electronically under ADAMS Accession Number ML111640267.
- Federal Rulemaking Web Site: Public comments and supporting materials related to this regulatory guide can be found at http://www.regulations.gov by searching on Docket ID NRC-2011-0212.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Robert G. Carpenter, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, telephone: 301-251-7483 or e-mail Robert.Carpenter@nrc.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
On September 6, 2011 (76 FR 55137), the NRC published a notice of issuance and availability of DG-1278. By e-mail dated October 11, 2011, the Nuclear Energy Institute (ADAMS Accession No. ML11286A027) requested an extension of the stated comment period for the purpose of providing sufficient review while attending planned public meetings related to the subject matter of the proposed guide. It is the desire of the NRC to receive comments of a high quality from all stakeholders. Several factors have been considered in granting an extension. The requested comment period extension is reasonable and does not affect NRC deadlines. The additional time will allow stakeholders to discuss the proposed guide during related meetings. Therefore the comment submittal period is extended from the original date of October 31, 2011 to November 11, 2011.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 17th day of October, 2011.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Thomas H. Boyce,
Chief, Regulatory Guide Development Branch, Division of Engineering, Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research.
[FR Doc. 2011-27442 Filed 10-21-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P