Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
Notice of meeting.
We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, announce a public meeting of the Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council (Council).
Meeting: Tuesday November 15, 2011, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Wednesday November 16, 2011, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Eastern standard time). For deadlines and directions on registering to attend, submitting written material, and giving an oral presentation, please see “Public Input” under SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION.
The meeting will be held in the Secretary's Conference Room at the Department of the Interior, Room 5160, 1849 C Street, NW., Washington, DC 20240.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Joshua Winchell, Council Coordinator, 4401 North Fairfax Drive, Mailstop 3103-AEA, Arlington, VA 22203; telephone (703) 358-2639; fax (703) 358-2548; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In accordance with the requirements of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, 5 U.S.C. App., we announce that Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council will hold a meeting.
Formed in February 2010, the Council provides advice about wildlife and habitat conservation endeavors that:
1. Benefit recreational hunting;
2. Benefit wildlife resources; and
3. Encourage partnership among the public, the sporting conservation community, the shooting and hunting sports industry, wildlife conservation organizations, the States, Native American tribes, and the Federal Government.
The Council advises the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture, reporting through the Director, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), in consultation with the Director, Bureau of Land Management (BLM); Chief, Forest Service (USFS); Chief, Natural Resources Service (NRCS); and Administrator, Farm Services Agency (FSA). The Council's duties are strictly advisory and consist of, but are not limited to, providing recommendations for:
1. Implementing the Recreational Hunting and Wildlife Resource Conservation Plan—A Ten-Year Plan for Implementation;
2. Increasing public awareness of and support for the Sport Wildlife Trust Fund;
3. Fostering wildlife and habitat conservation and ethics in hunting and shooting sports recreation;
4. Stimulating sportsmen and women's participation in conservation and management of wildlife and habitat resources through outreach and education;
5. Fostering communication and coordination among State, Tribal, and Federal Government; industry; hunting and shooting sportsmen and women; wildlife and habitat conservation and management organizations; and the public;
6. Providing appropriate access to Federal lands for recreational shooting and hunting;
7. Providing recommendation to improve implementation of Federal conservation programs that benefit wildlife, hunting and outdoor recreation on private lands; and
8. When requested by the agencies' designated ex officio members or the DFO in consultation with the Council Chairman, performing a variety of assessments or reviews of policies, programs, and efforts through the Council's designated subcommittees or workgroups.
Background information on the Council is available at http://www.fws.gov/whhcc.
The Council will convene to consider:
1. The Recreational Hunting and Wildlife Resource Conservation Plan—A Ten-Year Plan for Implementation;
2. Coordination of conservation program delivery between federal, state and private entities;
3. Programs of the Department of the Interior and Department of Agriculture, and their bureaus, that enhance hunting opportunities and support wildlife conservation;
4. America's Great Outdoors; and
5. Other Council business.
The final agenda will be posted on the Internet at http://www.fws.gov/whhcc.
|If you wish to||You must contact the Council Coordinator (see FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT) no later than|
|Attend the meeting||November 7, 2011.|
|Submit written information or questions before the meeting for the council to consider during the meeting||November 7, 2011.|
|Start Printed Page 66956|
|Give an oral presentation during the meeting||November 7, 2011.|
Because entry to Federal buildings is restricted, all visitors are required to preregister to be admitted. In order to attend this meeting, you must register by close of business on the dates listed in “Public Input” under SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. Please submit your name, time of arrival, email address, and phone number to the Council Coordinator (see FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT).
Submitting Written Information or Questions
Interested members of the public may submit relevant information or questions for the Council to consider during the public meeting. Written statements must be received by the date above, so that the information may be made available to the Council for their consideration prior to this meeting. Written statements must be supplied to the Council Coordinator in both of the following formats: One hard copy with original signature, and one electronic copy via email (acceptable file formats are Adobe Acrobat PDF, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or rich text file).
Giving an Oral Presentation
Individuals or groups requesting to make an oral presentation at the meeting will be limited to 2 minutes per speaker, with no more than a total of 30 minutes for all speakers. Interested parties should contact the Council Coordinator, in writing (preferably via email; see FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT), to be placed on the public speaker list for this meeting. Nonregistered public speakers will not be considered during the meeting. Registered speakers who wish to expand upon their oral statements, or those who had wished to speak but could not be accommodated on the agenda, may submit written statements to the Council Coordinator up to 30 days subsequent to the meeting.
Summary minutes of the conference will be maintained by the Council Coordinator (see FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT) and will be available for public inspection within 90 days of the meeting and will be posted on the Council's Web site at http://www.fws.gov/whhcc.Start Signature
[FR Doc. 2011-27946 Filed 10-27-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-55-P