This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/27/2012 at 08:45 am.
60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Form I-102, Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection notice is published in the Federal Register to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until April 30, 2012.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Sunday Aigbe, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-0997 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by email, please make sure to add OMB Control No. 1615-0079 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-102; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Nonimmigrants temporarily residing in the United States use this form to request a replacement of their arrival evidence document.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 17,700 responses at .416 (25 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 7,363.2 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020, Telephone number 202-272-8377.
Dated: February 22, 2012.
Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2012-4589 Filed 2-27-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P