30-Day notice of information collection.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 76, Number 250, page 81967 on December 29, 2011, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comment until April 4, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to email them to email@example.com or fax to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the eight digit OMB number for the collection or the title of the collection. If you have questions concerning the collection, please ccontact William J. Miller at William.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden for the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Records and Supporting Data: Daily Summaries, Records of Production, Storage and Disposition and Supporting Data by Explosives Manufacturers.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. Abstract: These records show daily activities in the manufacture, use, storage, and disposition of explosive materials by manufacturers.
Need for Collection
The records are used to show where and to whom explosive materials are sent, thereby ensuring that any diversion will be readily apparent and if lost or stolen, ATF will be immediately notified on discovery of the loss or theft. ATF requires that records be kept 5 years from the date a transaction occurs or until discontinuance of business or operations by the licensee.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be 2,008 estimated respondents, who will take 15 minutes to maintain each record.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 130,520 total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 2E-508, Washington, DC 20530.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-5249 Filed 3-2-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4810-FY-P