60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The revision of a previously approved information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for 60 days for public comment until May 14, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Danielle Ouellette, Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Proposed collection; comments requested.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Status of Grant Implementation Template.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: None. U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Under the Violent Crime and Control Act of 1994, the U.S. Department of Justice COPS Office would require the completion of the Status of COPS Grant Implementation Facsimile from law enforcement agencies if they have yet to send in their current Federal Financial Report (SF-425). This is to ensure that these agencies are planning on implementing their COPS grant program and/or project that they had previously been awarded.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 200 respondents annually will complete the form within 0.1 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 20 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 2E-508, Washington, DC 20530.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-5942 Filed 3-12-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-P