30-Day notice of information collection.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 77, Number 6, page 1509 on January, 10, 2012, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until April 16, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the eight digit OMB number or the title of the collection. If you have questions concerning the collection, contact Christopher R. Reeves at Christopher.email@example.com or the DOJ Desk Officer at 202-514-4304.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Explosives License or Permit.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5400.13/5400.16. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Individuals or households. Abstract:
Need for Collection
The form has been revised to include the new classes (types) of explosives for manufacturers, dealers, importers and users of explosives. The current type codes are obsolete. ATF will now categorize explosives licenses and permits by only six major classes. The classes are: Manufacturer, Dealer, Importer, User, User-Limited and Type 60. The form will still capture the types of explosives materials being manufactured, imported, acquired and used by explosives licensees and permittees, however, they will no longer be classified by type code.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated 10,000 respondents will complete a 1 hour and 30 minutes form.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 15,000 total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, Room 2E-502, 145 N Street NE., Room 2E-508, Washington, DC 20530.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-6262 Filed 3-14-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P